Nikita Madhani’s Must-Have Mantras
Nikita Madhani is a fashion blogger, with great style and passion for new trends. She has a large following of young girls and women who are inspired by her evolving sense of fashion and style.
We did a short interview with her of her Must-Have Mantras!
- What is that one piece of jewellery which you do not leave your house without?
My Cartier bracelets. They are my life.
- A must-have in your suitcase, while travelling?
A lot of things actually but since we are talking about jewellery and accessories here, a bracelet and a couple of rings.
- Do you believe accessorizing is an essential part of styling in your form of work?
Yes accessorizing is way too important in putting together an outfit as it can instantly uplift the look and at times statement accessories can also change the tone of your look.
- One advice to young girls, when they are buying their ‘everyday jewellery’.
A few investment pieces go a long way.
- What goes through your mind, when collaborating with a jewellery or fashion brand?
How well does the brand and its designs connect with me, my style and my personality.
- A beauty regime, you swear-by?
Sunscreen, before stepping out and a night care serum and yes drinking lots of water.
- Which type of jewellery pieces do you swear-by? (Stud earrings, statement rings, etc.)
- Two of your favourite pieces from our collection? (You can see all our designs on our website: diaidesigns.com)
Those delicate and dainty necklaces, which can be layered so effortlessly and also the pair of earrings that I am wearing.
- Any comments about our brand or designs?
That they are proudly made in India and their Ethical and Eco-friendly approach in jewellery making . Being thoughtful towards our planet is the need of the hour.
A Minimalist by Heart- Decluttering your Jewellery
Maintaining expensive pieces of jewelry can be tiresome and complicated if not done right. Usually, we find our beautiful artifacts crammed into overcrowded boxes, pouches, trays with delicate pieces taking a beating in the turmoil.
We may, at times find ourselves losing track and in excavation mode scouting for stray pieces of jewelry.
It doesn’t matter how many really expensive pieces you have saved, if you can’t see them easily they might as well have been accidentally dropped down the drain. It’s one of those out of sight, out of mind situations.
Regardless of the pieces in your collection, here are a few tried-and-tested tips that will get you wearing jewelry that you love and clearing out the clutter!
Here’s the strategy:
Separate the jewelry –
- Untangle, separate and categorize your collection into style- ethnic, chunky, precious and fine, everyday wear, coloured stones, etc.
- The storing method of the classic jewellery box is outdated and needs a radical update. There are various new means to store your arsenal of jewelry available now that can help you compartmentalize and reserve them.
- Give a shot to diy’s like pinboards covered with upholstered linen that allow necklaces to remain accessible and tangle-free- for your regularly worn non-precious pieces. We also love these displays that are available online.
- For more valuable items, we recommend a long and slim box (provided these can be kept in a secure area and are not in the way) where you can lay your jewellery flat and have easy access when you’re on-the-go! This would be a boon especially if you have delicate pieces with thin chains that tangle if kept in pouches.
- You can also have a separate box or porcelain dish on your dresser for delicate and everyday items that are earmarked for pieces you rock daily!
- If you have a minimalist decor style- a jewelry box or a contraption that hangs from the door may not necessarily fit the bill. In such a case you could turn to dresser drawer for an organized, clean way to store earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces and still have easy access to it. Amazon sells a multitude of tray styles that could be stocked in your drawer.
- For special, heirloom pieces you don’t wear very often, a special little pouch to pop in your “rarely-worns,” would be efficient.
A quick note on heirlooms – Even if you don’t wear them often. Tuck them into a small bag, designate a special spot for them to live, and take them out once in a while and show them off. But if you’re saddled with a jewelry box full of things that you neither like, nor wear, consign them. Surely someone will want that bejeweled spider brooch.
We hope you take the time to follow these steps and simplify your jewellery armoire, it would surely facilitate you in creating iconic looks everyday!